Southwark is an ethnically diverse PreK-8 school of approximately 850 students located in South Philadelphia. In the 2017-2018 school year, over half of our students were English language learners. As a Community School, we serve students in our Lower School (PreK through Grade 5), our Upper School (Grades 6-8), as well as offering other classes and after-school programs for the community at large.
Southwark Mission Statement
Southwark’s Mission is to develop leadership in our students and educate them so they are on grade-level and beyond in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics in a safe, clean and caring environment through the support of Staff, Parents, and Community.
- Full Arts Program (Art, Dance, Music) and Walnut Street Theater Partnership
- STEM Program
- 7th and 8th Grades Electives Programming (Fine Arts, STEM, Computer Technology, Music & Dance, Journalism)
- Available Immersive Bilingual Program spanning Kindergarten through Grade 4 (contact the Main Office for details if interested)
Southwark’s Student Belief:
- Students are the most important people in the school.
- Students are not an interruption of our work — they are the purpose of it.
- Students are deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment.