IMPORTANT – During the COVID-19 situation, all school buildings have been closed for the remainder of the school year. Classes are still going on remotely using Google Classroom.
Southwark Students and Families should look at the Parents pages for links and directions to get to our Dragon Student portal using Google Chrome and Chromebooks. These will help your student stay in touch with their teachers and classes for assignments for the remainder of the year.
Please stay safe, please say home other than for retrieving food during dropoffs, and please stay in touch – we are here for you!
Southwark is an ethnically diverse PreK-8 school of approximately 850 students located in South Philadelphia. In the 2017-2018 school year, over half of our students were English language learners. As a Community School, we serve students in our Lower School (PreK through Grade 5), our Upper School (Grades 6-8), as well as offering other classes and after-school programs for the community at large.
Southwark Mission Statement
Southwark’s Mission is to develop leadership in our students and educate them so they are on grade-level and beyond in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics in a safe, clean and caring environment through the support of Staff, Parents, and Community.
- Full Arts Program (Art, Dance, Music) and Walnut Street Theater Partnership
- STEM Program
- 7th and 8th Grades Electives Programming (Fine Arts, STEM, Computer Technology, Music/Dance/Voice, Journalism, Math Enrichment)
- Available Immersive Bilingual Program spanning Kindergarten through Grade 5 (contact the Main Office for details if interested)
Southwark’s Student Belief:
- Students are the most important people in the school.
- Students are not an interruption of our work — they are the purpose of it.
- Students are deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment.