Southwark Community School
Home of the Dragons
IMPORTANT – Schools will remain closed through at least November 30 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please stay safe, wear a mask, and stay in touch – we are here for you!
IMPORTANTE – Las escuelas permanecerán cerradas al menos hasta el 30 de noviembre por la pandemia de COVID-19. Por favor, manténgase salvo, use una máscarilla y manténgase en contacto – ¡estamos aquí para ayudarles!
You can now view your child’s interim report for the first half of this marking period on the Parent Portal.
Ahora se puede revisar el informe provisional de su hijo para la primera mitad de este trimestre en el Portal de Padres y Familias.
Si aún necesita crear una cuenta del Portal de Padres y Familias, revisa este guía.
Southwark is an ethnically diverse PreK-8 school of over 900 students located in South Philadelphia. In the 2019-2020 school year, almost half of our students were English language learners. As a Community School, we serve students in our Lower School (PreK through Grade 5), our Upper School (Grades 6-8), as well as offering other classes and after-school programs for the community at large.
Southwark Mission Statement
Southwark’s Mission is to develop leadership in our students and educate them so they are on grade-level and beyond in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics in a safe, clean and caring environment through the support of Staff, Parents, and Community.
- Full Arts Program (Art, Dance, Music)
- STEM Program
- 7th and 8th Grades Electives Programming (Fine Arts, STEM, Computer Technology, Music/Dance/Voice, Business Entrepreneurship)
- Immersive Bilingual (Spanish/English) Program spanning Kindergarten through Grade 6
- Dragon Piano Program
Southwark’s Student Belief:
- Students are the most important people in the school.
- Students are not an interruption of our work — they are the purpose of it.
- Students are deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment.